Friday, January 2, 2015
The Chili Fire Department responded last night around 11:30 pm for a fire alarm at St. Pius Church. While enroute the crews were notified of additional multiple alarms being received from the location. At the same time a firefighter arrive...d on scene and reported a fire in the building. The assignment was filled out to a structure fire call and the first arriving engine found heavy fire from the front half of the church. A transitional attack was made on the fire and although the church sustained severe fire damage throughout much of it, the teamwork by all firefighters prevented a lot more damage. Assistance was received at the scene by Gates fire District and Chili Ambulance, while the Churchville, Scottsville, and Clifton fire departments filled in at the empty firehouses
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Chili firefighters responded early this morning to a reported kitchen fire in the Meadowbrook Farm townhouse complex. Crews arrived to find a kitchen fire expanding into the rest of the first floor. The entire unit sustained heavy fire damage on the 1st floor and extensive smoke damage through the rest of the unit. All occupants made it out safely and Chili firefighters with assistance from the Gates Fire district quickly extinguished the fire.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Santa Runs will be on 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19 and 12/20 starting around 6:30pm and ending around 8:30pm. Please see the attached schedule by clicking on the news story to see when Santa will be in your neighborhood.
Schedule can vary depending on the weather and emergency calls.
Monday, November 17, 2014
The Chili Fire Department responded this afternoon for a reported house fire with a possible person trapped at 50 Creekview Drive. 4C13 went on location and declared a working fire and also confirmed a person trapped in the basement. The crews were there for a extend time.
Click on story for news coverage.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
On a gray, rainy day on October 12, 2011; a beam from the World Trade Center made its way to Chili, NY completing its final journey arriving at Chili Fire Department Co. #1, 3231 Chili Avenue, Rochester, NY. The journey began when three firefighters from the Chili Fire Department headed to NYC where the World Trade Center artifacts where being stored in a JFK Airport hangar. Located in the hanger was a one-ton beam, 18’ long "H" which is believed to be located somewhere above the 60th floor from the North Tower. The department worked two years to obtain this beam to bring it back to the Chili Fire Department to be a part of a memorial for its final resting place in Chili’s history.
This 9/11 memorial will honor and remember all those who lost their lives in that fateful day on September 11, 2001.
The Chili Fire Department established a 9/11 Committee; which developed a site plan for the memorial which began construction in the fall of 2013. In May 2014 almost three years later; the site is completed. If not for all of the generous contributions from fund raising, Chili residents and local businesses donating their time and resources; the memorial would not have been made possible. On Saturday, June 21, 2014 the site was opened to the public for anyone to come and view the beam at its final resting site. The Chili Fire Department will host an official dedication ceremony that will be held on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 6:00 pm located at Chili Fire Department Company #1, 3231 Chili Avenue, Rochester, NY; this will be open to the public for this memorable event.
Monday, May 5, 2014
The Chili Fire Department responded for the report of a dump truck that went off the road and rolled over this afternoon. The accident is under investigation.
Monday, May 5, 2014
The 2014 NAVRC. in Chili has been CANCELLED as of May 4th. 2014.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
The Chili Fire Department responded this afternoon for a reported MVA East bound 490 East of exit 5. 4C-13 went on location with a Ryder rental truck into the bridge support and two victims on the ground. While securing the vehicle hazards the crew of 4312 found that one of the saddle tanks had been ruptured and was leaking diesel fuel. 4C-13 declared a level 0 hazmat. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Site designed and maintained by