News‎ > ‎

Microwave Incident at Legacy at Parklands of Chili - July 2, 2017

posted Jul 2, 2017, 8:32 AM by Chili Fire   [ updated Jul 2, 2017, 9:11 AM by Andrew Wilkinson ]
The Chili Fire Department was called this morning for a fire alarm activated from smoke from a microwave up on the third floor of the building.  The fire department found a towel had been placed in the microwave add gotten burnt causing heavy smoke once the towel was introduced to the air.  Firefighters from 4312 and 4320 determined that there was no fire and only the smoke condition and began ventilation of the building.  The towel was found on the floor of the kitchen area and had gotten so hot that it had burnt the tile underneath it.  No damage was discovered beyond the burnt tile and none of the residents suffered any injuries.

https://goo.gl/photos/PemJvaMw4ifVqM7y5